Students and families receive packets of information about University units and services upon arrival at SOAR. These packets are included with two publications:
- Students receive the SOAR Handbook, containing information about University departments and resources, financial aid and services, University policies, opportunities for involvement and other tips for success while transitioning to MSU.
- Families receive the Family Guide, containing information about University departments and resources, University policies, the Family Association and advice for supporting their student through his or her transition to MSU.
Criteria for inclusion in the packet
The following areas may request to include information in the SOAR packet:
- Missouri State University departments
- Businesses which have a contractual relationship with the University
- Associations which represent multiple recognized student organizations, such as Fraternity and Sorority Life, Student Activities Council, etc.
- Student Government Association
The following types of information can be included in the student packets, family packets or both:
- Advertisements in the SOAR Handbook or Family Guide
- Other promotional items, such as branded pens, bags, give-away items, etc.
Information inclusion requests will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Information/materials provided should clearly contribute to SOAR’s mission to assist students in making a successful transition to Missouri State University.
- Information/materials provided should clearly and directly apply to incoming freshmen. Information or materials more appropriate for upperclassmen will not be included in SOAR packets.
- Requests from businesses not affiliated with the University, individual student organizations and organizations that do not clearly and directly apply to incoming freshmen will not be provided inclusion.
- Information and materials should not serve as an obstacle or hindrance to SOAR's normal operations. As an example, requests may be denied if the materials are cumbersome to carry, serve as distractions, etc.
For more information regarding inclusion of information in SOAR materials, please contact Joe Morris, director of SOAR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 836-7641.