Bear Line Riding Tips and Rules
- Please remove backpacks before boarding the shuttles. Backpacks should be carried and not worn while riding the shuttles.
- The shuttles stop at locations designed by Bear Line shuttle stop signs. Please wait at the stop for the shuttle to arrive. Allow passengers to move out of the way before you board.
- All shuttles are equipped with special life devices to allow persons in wheel chairs full use of the Bear Line.
- Your safety is important. Watch your step when boarding and leaving the shuttles. Use the handrails when walking or standing in the shuttles. Keep hands and arms inside the shuttles at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Bear Line.
- Food and drink may not be consumed on the shuttles. To avoid inconveniencing other passengers, food and drink must be in closed containers. Open or unsealed containers of alcohol are not permitted.
- Service animals are allowed on Bear Line shuttles, however, pets are not.
- No weapon, dangerous instrument, or any other item intended for use as a weapon may be carried on a Bear Line shuttle. This provision does not apply to law enforcement personnel commissioned within Greene County or the City of Springfield or by the State of Missouri, federal officers, or to persons whom have been issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon on campus by the Director of Safety and Transportation, pursuant to G2.02.
- Any person who is observed to be violating any of these rules and who may receive or has received a notice of violation therefore is subject to ejection.