The Motor Pool provides vehicles and vehicle support to all University departments. The Motor Pool office is located in the building to the east of the substation at 700 E. Elm (entry door on NW corner of building.)
Motor Pool vehicles may be reserved using the online Motor Pool Reservation System.
The use of any University vehicle is restricted to the conduct of official University business. A department head or other administrative supervisor is responsible to carefully review and approve the request for assignment of a University vehicle to ensure that the designated driver is protected under the provisions of the University liability insurance.
Any employee representing a University account with adequate funds for authorized University expenditure may reserve a motor pool vehicle. Use of University owned vehicles is limited to full and part-time faculty and staff. Because of liability insurance requirements of the State of Missouri, students are not allowed to drive University vehicles or vehicles leased for use by the University, unless they are employed by the University and their official duties require them to drive.
A vehicle may be reserved between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Reservations must be submitted using the online Motor Pool Reservation System.
Reservations for out-of-town travel may be three months in advance of checkout date. Reservations for local travel may be made five days in advance.
Before making reservations, please determine:
- Date and time desired to pick-up and return vehicle.
- Driver's name and drivers license number(s).
- Type of vehicle needed.
The Motor Pool office is closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Vehicles reserved for these days may be picked up between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the last working day before the reservation.
Individual University departments may have motor vehicles assigned to them. Each vehicle must bear official license plates of the State of Missouri prior to use. The Motor Pool Administrative Office is responsible for obtaining these plates. Upon delivery of the vehicle to the individual department, a department representative should contact the Motor Pool Administrative Office at 417-836-5266.
To insure that each vehicle is maintained in good condition, the Motor Pool schedules regular preventive maintenance. The University department is responsible for having vehicle maintenance performed under University maintenance contracts. All maintenance is to be entered into the Motor Pool system by each department representative appointed to do so.
Cancellation of vehicle reservations
- Cancellation of a reservation for a vehicle must be received within 24-hours prior to the stated time of pickup in order to avoid a cancellation charge equal to one day's rental of the vehicle being assessed to the department.
- Please contact Motor Pool immediately if a reservation is cancelled. This courtesy is extremely important because of the large number of users waiting to reserve vehicles.
Types of Vehicles Offered -
We have several sizes of vehicles available for rent through the Safety and Transportation Motor Pool line-up of vehicles.
Current pricing for these vehicles are:
- Sedan 4-dr Automobile - $35 per day, plus $0.35 per mile up to 300 miles and over 300 it is $0.55 per mile.
- Mini Van - $40 per day, plus $0.35 per mile up to 300 miles and over 300 it is $0.55 per mile.
- 12-passenger Van - $55 per day, plus $0.35 per mile up to 300 miles and over 300 it is $0.55 per mile.
- 14-passenger vehicle - $46.50 per hour, $1.50 per mile; $195.00 per day. (2-hr minimum usage per event.)
- 24-passenger vehicle - $46.50 per hour, $1.50 per mile; $195.00 per day. (2-hr minimum usage per event.)
- 35-passenger vehicle - $82.50 per hour, $1.80 per mile; $195.00 per day. (2-hr minimum usage per event.)
The contractor that will be providing these services for us is Howard Fisk Limousine. All request for use of Howard Fisk Limousine services after June 30th 2015 will need to be requested through the Safety and Transportation Motor Pool at 417-836-5266.
When the Motor Pool receives a request they will solicit a quote from the contractor. Upon your approval of this quote we will confirm with Howard Fisk Limousine, sending you a confirmation sheet.
Please feel free to contact the Motor Pool by email; email@example.com or call 417-836-5266 if you have any questions.