Withdrawal Request Form

Important information for students who withdraw from all of their classes during a semester:

Financial Aid. Recipients of financial aid, scholarships, or short-term loans for payment of fees or expenses for the semester of the drop(s) must be approved by the Financial Aid Office before they will be allowed to complete the drop process. Such students may also be required to participate in an exit interview.

Grades. Assignment of grades for withdrawing students are made on the basis of current grading policies detailed in the "Change of Schedule" section of this catalog. Deadlines are available at http://calendar.missouristate.edu/.

Meal Plans. Contact the Dining Services Office, Plaster Student Union 213, regarding their refund policy for meal plans which are independent of a housing contract.

Parking. Parking permits must be returned to the Parking Administration Office, 700 E. Elm, by students who wish to receive a refund of the parking permit fee. Full refunds are issued for drops processed through the second week of the semester, 50 percent refunds are issued for drops processed from the third through the ninth weeks of the semester, and no refunds are issued after the ninth week.

Refunds. Refunds are credited to a student’s account according to the policy indicated in the "Costs and fees" section of this catalog. Refunds will be issued by the Financial Services Office approximately four to six weeks following the drop(s). Prior to issuing a refund check, the office will deduct any outstanding financial obligation to the University from the refund amount. Refunds will be mailed to the permanent address of the student on file at the time the refund is issued. If a student withdraws from the University with outstanding financial obligations, the student’s transcript will not be released and the student will not be permitted to enroll for a future semester until the obligation is satisfied. For questions concerning financial obligations, please contact the Financial Services Office, Carrington Hall 113.

Residence Halls. Students living in University housing must terminate their housing contract and vacate their room or apartment within 24 hours of the date of the drop. For information, contact the Office of Residence Life and Services.

Veterans. Recipients of veterans benefits must report drops to the Veteran Student Services Office, Carrington Hall 314.

BearPass Card. Students who have a BearPass Card Debit Account must complete a BearPass Card Debit Account Withdrawal form which is available at the BearPass Card Office, Plaster Student Union room 128, 417-836-8409. This form will cancel the account and authorize a refund of the account balance.

You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.