Registration/Change of Schedule Form


University policy

Op3.04-39 Registration

The University allows currently enrolled, admitted, and readmitted/reinstated students to register well in advance of the beginning of each semester. Students can check their registration status online through My Missouri State. New students are informed of registration opportunities with admission materials. Evening, online and non-degree seeking students may seek additional registration assistance through Missouri State Outreach.

Undergraduate students who have less than 75 earned undergraduate credit hours are required to obtain advisor release prior to registration. Graduate students must also obtain advisor release prior to registration each semester.

Students who are in good academic standing and plan to return within one calendar year under the same classification do not require readmission for registration. Students on academic probation will be required to have advisement prior to enrolling. Students who have University holds that restrict registration are not permitted to register for any succeeding semester or summer term until such holds have been removed.

Students are not permitted to attend classes unless they are officially enrolled in those classes. Students whose names do not appear on the instructor's official class list should contact the Office of the Registrar.

Once enrolled, students are required to withdraw from their courses if they will not be able to attend. Failure to do so will result in failing grades and continued financial obligations. See "Procedures for Adding and Dropping Classes (and Withdrawing)" section.

Additional Policy Effective August 1, 2016

Mixed Credit (Accelerated Graduate Programs): Students admitted into an approved accelerated graduate degree program may have a limited number of 600-level or higher courses counted toward both an undergraduate and graduate degree.

Mixed Credit (General): Undergraduate students who meet all the admission requirements of a graduate degree or certificate program other than the completion of a baccalaureate degree may receive permission to take up to six hours of mixed (undergraduate and graduate) credit without first being admitted to a specific graduate program.

Senior Permission: Undergraduate students who have accumulated at least 90 hours from Missouri State or another accredited institution may be permittedto take a maximum of 12 credits of 600-level or higher courses for graduate credit.

For additional information, please review the entire policy.

You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.