Important Notice: Beginning Fall 2014, MWF classes will start at 8:00 a.m. and run with 15 minutes between classes. This is a change from the current 7:30 a.m. start time for the first regularly scheduled class. Downtown classes, as well as those on the main campus, will follow this schedule. Tuesday-Thursday classes will remain as they are now (8:00 a.m. start time, 75 minute classes with 15 minutes in between). Summer scheduling of classes will remain as it has been.
Throughout all construction periods, meeting patterns (meeting days and times) will be reviewed by Scheduling Support. Sections scheduled with non-standard meeting days and/or times must have Dean and Provost Office approval. Building and room will be removed from any section that has not received approval.
- Summer and Fall 2014 Class Schedule Building Deadlines
- Spring 2014 Class Schedule Building Deadlines
Additional Resources to Help You Through the Process
- Banner Schedule Building Guide (last Updated 10/30/2013)
- Banner Schedule Building FAQ (last updated 9/20/2012)
- Schedule Building Video Step-by-step guide to building a basic section of a course. 15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward.
- Cross List or Linked Classes
- Cross List Classes Video 15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward
- Prerequisites and Other Registration Restrictions in SSASECT
- Schedule Proofing
- When do I Need to Contact The Office of the Registrar to Make Changes?
- What Campus do I Use? What Fields Impact Fees?
- Reserved Seats
- Service Learning - how to set up sections, update degree attribute codes, and proofing
- Standard start times and minimum number of minutes in class (last updated 10/17/2013)
- Standardized Evening and Saturday Meeting Times
- Instructional Methods Denifitions
- How to set up lecture/lab sections when one or more (but not all) sections are taught online
- Class Schedule Building Semester Roll Information
- ARGOS Course Masterlist Reports (Bear Intelligence web site)
- Printing Combined Class Lists
Key Points to Keep in Mind when Building the Class Schedule
- Double check each field to ensure accuracy of information. The fields may not be set exactly the same as they were at the end of the previous semester.
- Check the campus field (in Banner) for accuracy. Classes that meet on the Springfield campus four or less times a semester, should not have the location field entered as Springfield (all Springfield sections are charged Student Service Fees).
- Enter specific section titles for topics courses and variable content courses. Abbreviate the best you can and enter the full title in the section comment using the Section Syllabus Form under the Options menu in SSASECT. The abbreviated title on the main page of SSASECT is what appears on the students' transcripts. The long title only appears on the class schedule search.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@missouristate.edu or call 836-5520.