Deadlines and Additional Resources to Help You Through the Process
- Spring 2014 Class Schedule Building Deadlines
- Summer and Fall 2013 Class Schedule Building Deadlines
- Banner 8 Schedule Building Guide (Last Updated 9/20/2012)
- Class Schedule Building Video Step-by-step guide to building a basic section of a course. 15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward.
- Banner Schedule Building FAQ (Last updated 9/20/2012)
Using Reserved Seats New!
Service Learning New!- how to set up sections, update degree attribute codes, and proofing.
- How do I Cross List or Link Classes?
- How do I Cross List Classes? (Video) 15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward
- How do I View Prerequisites and Other Registration Restrictions in SSASECT?
- Schedule Proofing
- When do I Need to Contact The Office of the Registrar to Make Changes?
- What Campus do I Use? What Fields Impact Fees?
- What are standard start times and minimum number of minutes in class? Link to Standardized Evening and Saturday Meeting Times
- Definitions of Instructional Methods
- How do I set up lecture/lab sections when one or more (but not all) sections are taught online?
- Class Schedule Building Semester Roll Information
- ARGOS Course Masterlist Reports (Bear Intelligence web site)
- Printing Combined Class Lists
Key Points to Keep in Mind when Building the Class Schedule
- Double check each field to ensure accuracy of information. The fields may not be set exactly the same as they were at the end of the previous semester.
- Check the campus field (in Banner) for accuracy. Classes that meet on the Springfield campus four or less times a semester, should not have the location field entered as Springfield (all Springfield sections are charged Student Service Fees).
- Enter specific section titles for topics courses and variable content courses. Abbreviate the best you can and enter the full title in the section comment using the Section Syllabus Form under the Options menu in SSASECT. The abbreviated title on the main page of SSASECT is what appears on the students' transcripts. The long title only appears on the class schedule search.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@missouristate.edu or call 836-5520.