- Spring 2015 Class Schedule Building Deadlines
- Entire Banner Schedule Building Guide (last updated 3/6/2014)
- Schedule Building Video (Step-by-step guide to building a basic section of a course. 15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward.)
- Cross List Classes Video (15 seconds between each animation; you can pause, rewind, and fast-forward)
- ARGOS Course Masterlist Reports (Bear Intelligence website)
- New - Tips and Tricks
Specific sections of the schedule building guide
- Blended vs Online (how to set up lecture/lab sections when one or more (but not all) sections are taught online)
- Campus Codes and How They Impact Fees
- Cross Listed and Linked Classes
- Instructional Methods Definitions
- Proofing Your Schedule
- Reserved Seats
- Schedule Building FAQs
- Section Times (standard start times and minimum number of minutes required)
- Semester Roll Information (which fields roll and which do not roll forward)
- Service Learning (how to set up sections and assign degree attribute codes)
- Standardized Evening and Saturday Meeting Times (approved by Academic Leadership council 1/1/12)
Key points to keep in mind when building the class schedule
- Verify the campus code is correct. Classes that meet on the Springfield campus four or less times a semester should not be charged Student Services Fees and, therefore, should not have a campus code of Springfield (all Springfield sections are charged Student Service Fees).
- Verifiy specific section titles for topics courses and variable content courses are correct. Abbreviate the best you can and enter the full title in the section comment using the Section Syllabus Form under the Options menu in SSASECT. The abbreviated title on the main page of SSASECT is what appears on the students' transcripts. The long title only appears on the class schedule search.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Registrar@missouristate.edu or call 836-5520.