Risk Management and Insurance


Risk Management and Insurance (Comprehensive)

Bachelor of Science
  1. General Education Requirements - see General Education Program and Requirements section of catalog
  2. College of Business Admission and Program Requirements - see College of Business Admission and Program Requirements section of catalog
  3. Major Requirements (31-32 hours)
    1. FIN 266(3), 384(3), 485(3); INS 211(3), 312(3), 313(3), 415(3); LAW 335(2) or 532(3); FIN 390(3) or QBA 337(3)
    2. Complete five additional hours from the following: ACC 321(3); BUS 550/LAW 550(3); FIN 367(3), 381(3), FIN 538/INS 538(3); INS 314(3), 397(1-6)*

      * Students may not apply more than two hours of INS 397 toward the five hour requirement.
  4. General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements - see General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements section of catalog


Risk Management and Insurance

Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
  1. BUS 135(3); INS 211(3), 312(3), 313(3)
  2. Complete six additional hours from the following: BUS 550/LAW 550(3); FIN 266(3), 381(3), 485(3), FIN 538/INS 538(3); INS 314(3), 397(1-6), 415(3); MKT 350(3); MTH 541(3), MTH 543(3), MTH 546(3), MTH 547(3), MTH 548(3)

Students wishing to pursue the Actuary Science program, which consists of a major in mathematics and a minor in Risk Management and Insurance, should contact the Department of Mathematics to declare their major and The Business Advisement Center to declare their minor.

Accelerated Master's Program in Master of Business Administration

Undergraduate majors in the College of Business may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration program during the second semester of their junior year. If accepted, up to 6 hours of 600- or 700-level courses taken in the senior year may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees (Mixed Credit). Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.

For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.