Respiratory Therapy


Respiratory Therapy (Comprehensive)

Bachelor of Science

Eligibility for admission to the B.S. degree program is limited to those persons who have completed a registry level program in Respiratory Therapy. This program is intended for those who are seeking career enhancement in the field of Respiratory Therapy.

  1. General Education Requirements - see General Education Program and Requirements section of catalog
    Specific General Education Requirements: BIO 121(4) or BMS 110(3) and 111(1); PHY 123(4); PSY 121(3)

  2. Major Requirements

    1. BMS 307(4), 308(4), 561(4); BIO 210(3); ACC 201(3) or ECO 155(3)*; CHM 116(4) and 117(1) or CHM 160(4) and 161(1)
      * May be used in General Education Requirements

    2. Completion of a registry level program in Respiratory Therapy (12 hours credited as lower division, 23 hours upper division)

    3. Specialty Requirements (choose one option):

      1. Education: Note: This option has been temporarily suspended and is not being offered at this time. Contact the department for more information.

      2. Management:  ECO 155(3); MGT 340(3), MGT 341(3); plus two courses from ACC 211(3); MGT 345(3), MGT 367(3), MKT 368(3); QBA 237(3)

      3. Science: MTH 340(3); plus 11 hours of electives selected with approval of advisor.

  3. General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements - see General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements section of catalog

Accelerated Master's Program in Health Promotion and Wellness Management

Students enrolled in programs in the Department of Kinesiology may be accepted into the Health Promotion and Wellness Management program after admission requirements for the accelerated master's option are met. Once accepted for early admission, up to 12 credit hours of approved 600 and 700-level coursework (Mixed Credit) may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs. 

The accelerated option allows majors in the Department of Kinesiology who are interested in health promotion and wellness management to complete the requirements for the graduate degree in three semesters and a summer rather than the typical four semesters and a summer. Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.

For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.