Office of the Registrar

Undergraduate Catalog

2014-15 first edition, July 2014

Ethical Leadership


Ethical Leadership

Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science in Education
  1. COM 436(3), 513(3); and COM 360(3) or 512(3)
  2. Select one course from: COM 205(3), 322(3), 315(3), 326(3)
  3. Select two courses from: COM 206(3), 307(3), 332(3), 336(3), 405(3), 495(3), 506(3), 566(3); GST 170(3); HST 324(3); PHI 302(3), 342(3), 513(3); PLS 319(3); PSY 320(3), 355(3), 356(3), 379(3), REL 370(3)
  4. No more than 6 hours may also count toward a major.

A minimum of 9 credit hours not counted as requirements on any Department of Communication major or other Department of Communication minor is required for the completion of any minor in the Department of Communication.

Students with a BA or BS in Communication may not select any minor with the Department of Communication to meet their minor requirement.

Students with a BS in Public Relations may select the Ethical Leadership minor in the Department of Communication to fulfill their minor requirement.

Although a minor is not required for the BS in Socio-Political Communication or the BSED in Speech and Theatre Education, students may select the Ethical Leadership minor in the Department of Communication as an optional minor.

Accelerated master's degree in communication

Eligible undergraduate majors in the School of Communication Studies may apply for early admission to the Communication program during the second semester of their junior year.  Once accepted for early admission, students will be able to take up to 10 credit hours at the 600-700 level that apply to both their undergraduate and graduate degree programs (Mixed Credit).  Students must enroll in COM 701 during the fall semester of their senior year as part of the accelerated program. 

For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.