Environmental Sciences and Policy Program
Environmental Sciences and Policy
Administrator: Professor Xingping Sun, Ph.D.
The Environmental Sciences and Policy minor is administered by the College of Natural and Applied Sciences with the Dean, or his/her designate, serving as program coordinator. Courses must be approved by the faculty on the Environmental Focus Committee for inclusion in the minor. The coordinator must approve the course of study for each student who wishes to complete the minor.
The minor in Environmental Sciences and Policy consists of 18-19 hours. It is interdisciplinary and will permit students in various fields to complement their academic major with a minor emphasizing Environmental Sciences and Policy.
- Natural Science: Select 3 of the following. (9-10 hours)
- Policy: Select 3 of the following courses (9 hours)
- ECO 540(3) Economics of the Environment
- PHI 302(3) Environmental Ethics
- PLS 555(3) Public Policy for a Global Environment
- LAW 537(3) Environmental Regulation
- PSY 379(3) Environmental Psychology
- SOC 319(3) Environmental Sociology
- Recommended: At least one statistic course.
*GLG 171 may count toward the General Education Focus on Physical Science requirement.
**GRY 108 may count toward the General Education Focus on Social and Behavioral Sciences requirement.