The Dietetics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, (800) 877-1600 ext. 5400. Graduates who meet the requirements for a Verification Statement are eligible to apply for a CADE-accredited Dietetics Internship and, following its successful completion, to take the national registration examination to become credentialed as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
Requirements for ADA Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics
A cumulative GPA of at least 2.90 with a grade of "C" or higher in all courses required for the major.
- Completion of at least 45 hours
- BMS 240, BMS 305, BMS 308, CHM 105 or (CHM 160, 161, 170 and 171) with grades of "C" or better in each of the courses.
- A Missouri State GPA of at least 2.90; and a combined (Missouri State and transfer) GPA of at least 2.90. Exception to the minimum GPA may be made in unusual cases, but exceptions will be limited to no more than five percent of the total number of students admitted to the program
When applying to the program students are required to:
- Purchase the dietetics program shirt for use when participating in course related events. Prices may be obtained from the department.
- Provide evidence of immunization or vaccination for vaccine-preventable diseases to include MMR, tetanus, and a complete Hepatitis B series including a titer demonstrating immunity.
- Provide evidence of health insurance, including hospitalization. A comprehensive student group health and accident insurance policy is available through Missouri State University.
- Provide documentation of negative tuberculosis status or evidence of appropriate follow-up.
- Submit a drug screening test and criminal record check and receive response that the applicant has not been convicted of any crime pursuant to Section 324.217 or other disqualifications that would prohibit licensure as a registered dietitian.