Art and Design Education
Art and Design (Comprehensive)
In addition to completing Foundations courses (ART 100, 101, 110, 115) students must have a combined GPA (Missouri State and transfer combined) of at least 2.50, GPA in Art and Design of 2.50, "C" or higher in ART 360. Application for admission to the degree program may be made after completion of thirty hours and must be made before sixty hours have been completed or student records will be encumbered. In addition to completing the specific Art and Design requirements, students must also fulfill all the admission requirements as listed under the Teacher Education Program section of this catalog.
- General Education Requirements - see General Education Program and Requirements section of catalog
Specific General Education Requirement: ART 271(3) or 274(3)
- Major Requirements (66 hours)
- Foundations (12 hours): ART 100(3), 101(3), 110(3), 115(3)
- Art History (9 hours): ART 271(3) or 272(3); ART 273(3) or 274(3); and ART 480(3) or 484(3)
- Studio Art (30 hours):
- Art Education (15 hours): ART 360(3), 366(3), 401(3), 460(3), 466(3)
- Professional Education Courses. Note: A grade of “C” or better in each course is required for state certification.
- ART 360(3), 366(3), 401(3), 466(3), 490(5-6), 491(5-6)
- Professional Education Required Core and Competencies - see Teacher Certification, Teacher Education Program and Secondary Education Requirements section of catalog
- General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements - see General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements section of catalog
- This program also requires compliance with the Teacher Education Program requirements for eligibility to enroll in Professional Education courses; admission to and continuance in the Teacher Education Program; approval for supervised teaching; and recommendation for certification; as well as the requirements for Secondary Education. Refer to the Teacher Education Program section of the catalog for requirements.
- In order to meet Missouri state teacher certification requirements, candidates for the Bachelor of Science in Education degree are required to meet the following grade point average requirements: at least a 2.75 GPA on all course work attempted at all colleges attended; at least a 3.00 GPA in the certificate subject area (major field of study) which includes all courses listed under B; at least a 3.00 GPA in any additional certificate subject area; at least a 3.00 GPA in the professional education courses which includes all courses listed under C; and no grade lower than a "C" in all professional education courses. All GPA requirements include both Missouri State and transfer grades.