Accounting (Comprehensive)

Bachelor of Science
  1. General Education Requirements - see General Education Program and Requirements section of catalog
  2. College of Business Admission and Program Requirements - see College of Business Admission and Program Requirements section of catalog
  3. Major Requirements
    1. ACC 300(2), 301(3), 302(3), 311(3), 321(3), 341(3), 553(3)
    2. Complete 3 courses from: ACC 504(3), 506(3), 513(3), 524(3), 525(3), 532(3), 555(3), 556(3)
    3. Note: All accounting majors are required to complete at least 90 semester hours of required course work outside of accounting courses.
  4. General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements - see General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements section of catalog



Bachelor of Applied Science
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
  1. ACC 201(3)*, 211(3)*, 301(3)

    * ACC 206(4) may be substituted for ACC 201 and 211
  2. Complete nine additional hours of accounting from: ACC 302(3), 311(3), 321(3), 341(3), 504(3), 506(3), 513(3), 524(3), 525(3), and 532(3).

Accelerated Master's Program in Master of Accountancy

Eligible Missouri State undergraduate students majoring in accounting may apply for preliminary acceptance into the Master of Accountancy degree program as early as the second semester of the junior year. If accepted, up to six hours of 600-level accounting courses may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs (Mixed Credit). This program allows accounting majors to obtain the Master of Accountancy degree in five years with a total of 152 semester hours rather than the normal 158 semester hours. Refer to the Graduate Catalog or contact the School of Accountancy for further information and guidelines.

Accelerated Master's Program in Master of Business Administration

Undergraduate majors in the College of Business may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration program during the second semester of their junior year. If accepted, up to 6 hours of 600- or 700-level courses taken in the senior year may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees (Mixed Credit). Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more information.

For courses to be designated as Mixed Credit, the graduate advisor, undergraduate department head, and Graduate College dean must approve by signing the Permission for Mixed Credit form. This form must be provided to the Office of the Registrar in Carrington Hall 320 no later than the end of the Change of Schedule Period for the semester.