Missouri State Outreach works with academic departments and colleges throughout the University to provide a wide range of credit courses at both the Springfield campus and off-campus sites beyond the Springfield campus, using technology-based delivery systems and traditional off-campus instruction delivery systems. The academic programs offered undergo the same academic review and scrutiny as academic programs offered in traditional settings. For more information on "alternate pathways" (e.g., Online, iCourses, Evening College Plus, off-campus, dual high school, interactive video, and summer classes) visit the Missouri State Outreach website.
Traditional on-site instruction
On-site instruction involves faculty driving from the Springfield campus or faculty hired from the local community who teach classes in a face-to-face format. Classes or programs are offered at many high schools or branch locations throughout southwest Missouri. Classes and programs offered through traditional on-site instruction or BearNet at our branch office locations are listed below.
Technology-based delivery systems
The distance learning strategy involves two major delivery systems: Interactive Video (BearNet) and iCourses which can be downloaded from iTunesU.
Interactive video (BearNet)
Technology-based courses are offered via BearNet at the following sites.
- Cassville, MO – Crowder College campus
- El Reno, OK – Redlands Community College
- Joplin, MO – Joplin Extension Campus
- Lebanon, MO – Nelson Education Center
- Miami, OK – Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Mountain Grove, MO – Missouri State University Mountain Grove Campus
- Neosho, MO – Crowder College campus
- Nevada, MO – Nevada Telecenter
- West Plains, MO – Missouri State University West Plains Campus