Address Changes

Download Address Change Form 

You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.

Students may:

  • Bring form to the Office of the Registrar, Carrington Hall Room 320. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; or
  • Fax to 417-836-6334; or
  • Mail to Office of the Registrar, Missouri State University, 901 S. National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897; or
  • Email scanned form to from your Missouri State email account 

 Employees may:


University policy

Op3.04-5 Address

Students shall verify that their addresses are correct at the time of registration either online or by reporting address changes to the Office of the Registrar. 

The local address is generally used to contact students when classes are in session. The permanent address is used on billings, refunds and other items sent while classes may not be in session. The local and permanent address may be the same. Students are required to have a street address/PO Box number, city, state, and ZIP on the local and permanent addresses. 

Change of a permanent address does not affect a student’s residency status for fee purposes. If a change of residency is appropriate, the proper forms must be completed in the Office of Admissions, Carrington Hall 204.

Additional Policy Effective August 1, 2016

Mixed Credit (Accelerated Graduate Programs): Students admitted into an approved accelerated graduate degree program may have a limited number of 600-level or higher courses counted toward both an undergraduate and graduate degree.

Mixed Credit (General): Undergraduate students who meet all the admission requirements of a graduate degree or certificate program other than the completion of a baccalaureate degree may receive permission to take up to six hours of mixed (undergraduate and graduate) credit without first being admitted to a specific graduate program.

Senior Permission: Undergraduate students who have accumulated at least 90 hours from Missouri State or another accredited institution may be permittedto take a maximum of 12 credits of 600-level or higher courses for graduate credit.

For additional information, please review the entire policy.

You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.