Having a Successful “Go-Live” April 6
April 6 is the first day students will use the new Banner registration system for the fall semester. There are three simple things you can do proactively to ensure that our first experience with the new registration system goes as smoothly as possible:
- Review your courses. To view the most up-to-date course descriptions, including prerequisites, go to My Missouri State. Select the Teaching and Advising Tab. Under Faculty/Advisor Resources, select the Faculty Services Menu. Finally, select the very last link called “course catalog.” Please keep in mind that only the new courses that have been approved by the Office of the Provost have been updated in Banner.
- Let your students know that graduate level parallel courses have been created for all current 500-level courses. To view a chart that summarizes the 500-level and 600-level parallel courses, as well as the other graduate course renumberings effective fall 2009, go to www.missouristate.edu/registrar/reg_info.html.
- Grant appropriate overrides (e.g. permission, prerequisite overrides, etc.) and advisor release well in advance of the student’s registration date. For example, if you know a student wishes to register for a class that requires permission, go ahead and grant the permission override now! If you are the instructor of record for the class, you may grant overrides through self-service Banner. Deans, department representatives, and others acting on behalf of faculty, may grant overrides via INB. Step-by-step instructions for granting overrides in INB is available on the experts site.
We encourage faculty, staff, and students to preview the new registration system. For instructions on how to register, including a demonstration video, visit the “Registration Instructions for Fall 2009 and Subsequent Semesters” page.
The Monthly Transcript
- Board of Governors approves changes to the University’s FERPA policy... more
- Deadline for inclusion in the 2009-2010 undergraduate catalog is ...more
- The Office of the Provost provides definitions for blended and internet courses. Section numbers 900-905 are now available to designate blended sections.
- Holds (encumbrances) have been reviewed and those no longer needed have been purged.
- Mid-semester data (i.e. advisees’ mid-semester grades) and final fall 2008 graduation data are now available.
The Banner Bonus
- Open lab sessions (by appointment only) for advisement-related functions are available beginning Friday March 20 from 1:00-4:00 and will continue as long as there is a demand. Please note: these are not make-up sessions of the structured trainings; rather they are designed for you to be able to practice using the new system and to obtain answers to your specific questions. To schedule a Friday lab session, please send an email to RobHornberger@missouristate.edu .
- Training sessions for review of Departmental functions in INB (for deans, department heads, and secretaries) are available the following dates in Hill 208:
- Monday, March 16, 2009: 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Wednesday, March 18, 2009: 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Friday, March 20, 2009: 8:30 - 11:00 am
- Two new reports Argos reports will be available beginning April 6:
1. “Reg-Class List CSV” allows administrators and staff members to obtain a faculty member’s class list. This report displays “live” data.
2. “Enrollment by section” shows basic section information including the number of students enrolled along with the room’s capacity. This report displays “live” data.
- Self-Service Banner menu items will soon be renamed and rearranged. Enjoy!
- Got your Banner T-shirt? The Banner Student Relay for Life Team will be selling The Top 10 Things Heard During Banner Implementation T-shirts. All sales go to the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. If you are interested in purchasing a T-shirt, please send an email to NicoleRovig@missouristate.edu.
- Banner Registration Timeline:
- April 6, 2009: registration “go live” for Fall 2009.
- August 24, 2009: Target date for degree audit system to be functional through Banner.
To add or remove your name from our mailing list, please send us an e-mail at Registrar@MissouriState.edu or call 417-836-5520.