The 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog
The system for tracking the status of curricular items to be included in the 2009-2010 catalog is available at: www.missouristate.edu/registrar/curricular.htm
The information provided for each curricular proposal includes the type of change, name of the department originating the item, and approval dates. A proposal that has made it all the way through the approval process will have an effective semester/year of FA 2009 assigned.
The deadline for inclusion in the 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog is April 16, 2009. All curricular items must be fully approved by April 16 to be included in the printed and web versions of the catalog. All curricular items approved prior to the inclusion deadline will be effective with the fall 2009 semester. The challenge period for the March College Council items will end on April 9. If these items make it through the challenge period, the Office of the Registrar will seek approval from the Office of the Provost to include them in the catalog. New programs of study that require approval of the CBHE will be included in the catalog and will become effective fall 2009, if the approval is granted by April 16.
Departments will be given the opportunity to proof their catalog pages beginning the week of March 23. Given the extensive changes this year the proofing process will be critical to having an accurate catalog.
The 2009-2010 Undergraduate Catalog is on schedule to be printed by the first week of June. This year we will be engaging in cost-saving strategies. For example, graduate courses 600-level and higher) will be available on the web and in the printed Graduate Catalog, but will not appear in the printed Undergraduate Catalog. Also, faculty and staff credentials and awards will be published online only.
The Monthly Transcript
- Opening semester reports (e.g. enrollment, credit and contact hours, etc.) are available at: www.missouristate.edu/registrar/reg_info.htm.
- The Banner class scheduling system is closed for conflict resolution period until February 6. The system will reopen February 9 for changes, additions, and deletions. Note: Room priorities ended January 23.
- Summer and Fall class schedules will be published on the web by February 17.
- Mid-semester grade rosters will be available beginning February 26. Grades are due by 10:00 a.m. on March 9.
- Final Fall 2008 graduation data will be available in the Faculty/ Advisement Resource Center March 9.
The Banner Bonus
- Information sessions for advisement-related functions will be offered beginning February 11. Training opportunities will be provided in a large-room environment as well hands-on lab experience. Individuals who currently use the Faculty/Advisor Resource Center are encouraged to attend. For more information or to sign up for a session, go to www.missouristate.edu/human/training/default.htm
- Reference materials and review/open lab sessions for deans, department heads, and secretaries (covering all functions in INB) will be made available in early March. More information will be forthcoming.
- A Mock Registration was successfully completed January 20-21. We registered over 650 students in Banner and graded those students using our test system. In preparation for the next mock registration March 3-4, we will be reviewing and testing prerequisites as well as creating documentation for students to reference as they are using the new system.
- On December 11, 2008, the faculty senate approved the changes to the drop policy. While the spirit of the policy remained the same, a “W” grade will replace the “N” grade we currently use. The new policy can be found at: www.missouristate.edu/registrar/reg_info.htm
- A new report is available called “Department Class List.” This is an abbreviated form of the Master list which will be helpful for proofing departments’ classes.
- Banner Registration Timeline:
- February-March 2009: Banner Information/Training sessions for faculty, advisors and students.
- April 6, 2009: registration “go live” for Fall 2009.
- August 24, 2009: Target date for degree audit system to be functional through Banner.
To add or remove your name from our mailing list, please send us an e-mail at Registrar@MissouriState.edu or call 417-836-5520.