The End of Semester Dash
The end of semester responsibilities seem even more intense than normal due to this year’s holiday calendar. Having a successful grading cycle and graduation ceremony requires a great deal of collaboration between faculty, administration, and staff.
Faculty kick-off the collaboration process by working diligently to get their grades entered early—by Saturday, December 20 at noon. To add to this challenging task, there will be a power outage affecting many of the buildings on campus. Faculty who need to enter grades while they are on campus on the 20th may use the computer lab in Glass Hall. The Registrar will be available in Glass Hall to assist faculty as needed.
Fall grades are scheduled to post to the web Saturday afternoon. Deans will be able to pick up their scholastic action reports at 8:00 am on Monday, December 22. They must have all actions completed by 5:00 pm on December 23.
The evening of the 23, students’ transcripts will be updated with grades, GPA, scholastic action, etc. On Dec 24, the Office of the Registrar will have staff available to mail students’ transcripts that have been on hold for Fall grades.
During the holiday break, staff in Computer services will be printing degree audits so that the Associate Registrar can perform the final graduation checks in order to officially graduate all the Fall candidates in a timely manner.
The end of semester enrollment/grading reports will be available on the web by January 6.
The Monthly Transcript
- Students are required to pay their $60 required minimum payment for Spring by December 15 to prevent cancellation of their classes.
- Fall Commencement will be held December 19 at 12:30 and 4:00 in JQH Arena.
- Summer and Fall class schedules will be published on the web by February 17.
- Summer and Fall registration sequence is available at www.missouristate.edu/registrar/reg_info.html.
- New class schedule building deadlines for Fall 2009 are available at www.missouristate.edu/registrar/guidelines.htm.
- The deadline for priority rooms for fall 2009 is January 23.
The Banner Bonus
- The Office of the Registrar cordially invites you to attend a information sharing session regarding major policy changes that become effective with Fall 2009. It will be held in Plaster Student Union, room 313 on January 7 from 1:30-2:30. No registration is required to attend:
- A summary of the policy changes is available at www.missouristate.edu/registrar/62664.htm.
- The ARGOS Masterlist report is now in order by course code and course number.
- A new report is now available called “Department Class List.” This is an abbreviated form of the Masterlist which will be helpful for proofing department’s schedule of classes.
- The following policy is pending Faculty Senate approval on December 11:
- The asterisk grade and last day to drop.
- All of the 600-level and higher courses continue to be entered into Banner.
- Banner Registration Timeline:
- January 20-22: mock registration #1 (aka “Rock the Mock”).
- February/March 2009: Banner Information/Training sessions for faculty, advisors and students.
- April 6, 2009: registration “go live” for Fall 2009.
To add or remove your name from our mailing list, please send us an e-mail at Registrar@MissouriState.edu or call 417-836-5520.