The Spring 2009 class schedule is now available on the web at www.missouristate.edu/classschedule. As a reminder, the schedule is no longer available in printed format. Valuable information related to registration such as the academic calendar, refund schedule, final exam schedule, and various policies are available at www.missouristate.edu/registrar/reg_info.html.
Students have started using the online permission system for Spring 2009. Please respond to these as soon as you can.
Sequenced registration begins October 30, 2008. Other important dates and deadlines for Spring 2009 can be found at www.missouristate.edu/assets/registrar/SP09Important_Dates.pdf.
Students and advisors can now view the student’s registration date and time on the web through the Student Advising Notes and Releases and Registration Status pages. These pages indicate whether an advisor release is required, completed, or not required. For students who do require a release, please complete the release electronically through the Faculty/Advisor Resource Center instead of signing the paper Registration Request Form. The electronic release makes it possible for students to register via the Web. Advisor release is required for all freshmen, sophomores, graduate students, first-time transfer students, and students currently on probation.
Spring 2009 information is now displayed in most places on Phoenix and the web systems where Spring 2008 was previously displayed. This includes popular items such as STDT 22, web student schedules, class lists, etc.
A special thanks to the academic departments for developing the Spring 2009 schedule of classes. Through your efforts, we continue to provide our students with the most complete and accurate schedule of classes possible.
The Monthly Transcript
- Census reports (enrollment by department, credit hour, production, etc) are now available.
- On September 25, approximately 2,600 current juniors and seniors who are not admitted to their degree were notified that they have a DG or DX encumbrance. DG indicates students with 60-89 credit hours who have not been admitted to their degree program while DX indicates students with 90+ credit hours who have not been admitted to their degree program.
- Please report students who are not attending or who have stopped attending class by completing a form available at www.missouristate.edu/registrar/forms.htm or send an email to Registrar@missouristate.edu.
- Final summer 2008 graduation numbers will be available by October 15. You may access departmental lists on the Resource Center to run queries.
- Over 100 department heads, secretaries and other staff who have an active role in class schedule building attended Banner training July through September. Through their efforts, 3,034 sections have been entered into Banner for Fall 2009. Having as many sections as possible in Banner by December will allow us to test the registration and grading systems effectively prior to “go live” in April.
- The next formal class schedule building training will be offered in November or December for those who missed the earlier training or who have only 600-level or higher courses. The specific dates are yet to be announced.
- Admissions “goes live” October 27, 2008. Beginning the 27th, all Fall 2009 applicants will be admitted using Banner.
- The University will be using Argos as its primary query tool. Argos is a web-based query system that will be similar to departmental lists on the F/ARC. In order to gain access to Argos, you must attend a training session. To register for a session, visit www.missouristate.edu/banner/.
- The class schedule building report called Masterlist is now available through Argos. This report will allow departments to proof their schedule of classes including section comments (note: if a section does not have a section comment, the course description appears instead). The report called “Course Master List” is available under the datablock called “ODS_Course Masterlist.” The report can easily be run by department. If you need a report before attending a training session, please send an email to NicoleRovig@missouristate.edu.
- The following policies and procedures are currently under review:
- Admission to degree programs (Associate Deans to review and discuss this month)
- $60 payment (and cancellation policy)
- The asterisk grade and last day to drop
- How to administer dual high school credit courses (registration and grading)
- Registration sequence
- Banner Registration Timeline:
- October-December 2008: all 600-level and higher courses will be manually entered into Banner along with all of the prerequisite changes.
- December 2008-March 2009: mock registration (testing the new registration system).
- April 2009: registration “go live” for Fall 2009.
To add or remove your name from our mailing list, please send us an e-mail at Registrar@MissouriState.edu or call 417-836-5520.