Benefits of Massage
Massage is not just for relaxation, there are therapeutic advantages as well. It is for injury prevention and rehabilitation after injury, relieving headaches and muscle tension, prevention of migraines, improving circulation, promoting better sleep patterns and reducing insomnia, toning muscles, reducing allergy symptoms and sinus pressure, beating the weight loss plateau, improving range of motion, helps lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety, stress and depression, reducing swelling, strengthens the immune system, better flexibility in athletes, reduces possible injuries in athletes and reduces joint pain
Types of Massage Therapy Offered
Massage therapists at the Foster Recreation Center offer the following types of massages:
- Swedish Relaxation - By rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart, Swedish massage looks to increase the level of oxygen in the blood, decrease muscle toxins, and improve ciculation.
- Deep Tissue - A more specific treatment offering a deeper release based on your pain threshold.
- Prenatal - Gentle, relaxing massage for expecting mothers using comfortable bolstering and much needed pampering.
- Trigger Point Therapy - Specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release.
- Sports Massage - Excellent pre- or post-event treatment that warms muscles, pumps out lactic acid and increases range of motion; helps recovery by 50 percent post-event and can increase efficient power by three to five percent.
- Precision Neuromuscular - Using highly skilled touch to investigate sources of pain, postural distortion, and the state of muscle tone and contraction.
- Lymphatic - Light massage aimed to relax and promote a healthy flow of the lymphphatic system within the human body.