The following statement should be included in all recruitment publications. The type should be treated as body copy. Additional information, including further details about the University's marketing messages, may be found in the Marketing Toolkit.
About Missouri State University
Missouri State University is a public university system with an enrollment of more than 20,000 students who come from around the state and the world. There are four physical campuses, located in Springfield, Mo.; West Plains, Mo.; Mountain Grove, Mo.; and Dalian, China. Students can follow their passion and find their place at Missouri State University.
Missouri State offers:
- A remarkable education. Missouri State offers 85+ undergraduate majors leading to 185+ academic options and 70+ graduate options, including master’s degrees and doctoral degrees.
- An unbeatable value. Our cost is lower than state and national averages, plus we have lots of ways to help students pay for school.
- A distinctive mission. Our public affairs mission is about cultural competence, ethical leadership and community engagement. The mission is everywhere on campus, from the classroom to special events open to the community.
- Memorable experiences. Our student body is known for being warm and welcoming. The main campus is in Springfield, the third-largest city in Missouri. Springfield blends the best of small-town coziness and big-city amenities.
- Lifetime success. Missouri State has extensive career services for both students and alumni to help them reach their professional goals.
Each publication should have a list of contact information, which may include one or more of the following:
- Phone number: Use 417- as the prefix, as well as 800- for toll-free numbers
- E-mail address: Include current department address
- Web address: University or program URL
If the program URL needs a more promotional address, request as re-direct address by contacting the Office of Web and New Media.
One of the following University equal opportunity statements must be included on all recruitment publications.
The statement is to be set at 6pt text /7pt leading.
Statements for small printed or electronic publications regarding students or student recruitment
Statements for small printed or electronic publications regarding students or student recruitment when space is limited (i.e. stationery, small advertisements, one-page brochures, fliers), may include one of the following:
- Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability Employer and Institution
- An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability Employer and Institution
- EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability (when space is highly limited)
For all other student recruitment publications
For all other student recruitment publications, choose one of the following options:
Missouri State University is a community of people with respect for diversity. The University emphasizes the dignity and equality common to all persons and adheres to a strict nondiscrimination policy regarding the treatment of individual faculty, staff, and students. In accord with federal law and applicable Missouri statutes, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in any program or activity offered or sponsored by the University. In addition, the University does not discriminate on any basis (including, but not limited to, political affiliation and sexual orientation) not related to the applicable educational requirements for students or the applicable job requirements for employees.
This policy shall not be interpreted in a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or military organizations associated with the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
The University maintains a grievance procedure incorporating due process available to any person who believes he or she has been discriminated against. Missouri State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability employer and institution. Inquiries concerning the grievance procedure, Affirmative Action Plan, or compliance with federal and state laws and guidelines should be addressed to Equal Opportunity Officer, Park Central Office Building Suite 111, 901 South National Avenue, Springfield, Missouri 65897, 417-836-4252 (See the Missouri State University Nondiscrimination Policy approved by the Board of Governors on September 15, 2006).
Missouri State University adheres to a strict nondiscrimination policy and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or on any basis (including, but not limited to, political affiliation and sexual orientation) not related to the applicable educational requirements for students in any program or activity offered or sponsored by the University.
Missouri State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution. We encourage applications from all academically qualified people, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities interested in educational opportunities.
The publications job number will appear near the equal opportunity statement in Adobe Garamond typeface. The job number includes the client code, three digit number and fiscal year. It is used to identify the project from concept to delivery, as well as within budgetary and archival records.
PUB 017 09
Offices involved in the creation of recruitment publications will be credited for their work, as well as those organizations involved from outside the University will be listed in the colophon on select publications.