When preparing text for a recruitment publication, consider utilizing the outline below to ensure key information about your program and the University is included.
- Missouri State University wordmark
- Department name (college name if applicable)
- Appropriate Web address
1) Summarize your department/program and why the student should choose you.
- List degree options
- Describe what sets program apart from others
- List possible career outcomes
- Include Web address
2) Brief answer to the student’s questions, “What’s in it for me?”
- Teaching/research opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- Unique classrooms/labs
- Resources available
- Conveniences: online/evening class availability
- Long-term connections: master’s/Ph.D. program preparation/opportunities
3) Briefly describe unique qualities of faculty/program.
- Research specialties/opportunities
- Competitive advantages brought by faculty
- Point to dept. web site for research details
4) Provide specific resources to assist with application, acceptance, payment, etc.
- Invite student to talk to faculty, gain more information, visit campus
- Include facts from “cost” page of web
- Specialized payment programs
- List scholarship availability
5) Include student/graduate success stories within the publication.
- Student quotes about program and faculty
- Graduate quotes about type of preparation for career path
- Contact information
- About Missouri State
- EO/AA statement
- Job number