Key Issue and Policy Information
Your key request will be facilitated by your academic department. Any request for a key to be issued must be requested by submitting an electronic key request form, approved by the Department Head/Director and Dean/Vice President. Please allow 5 working days for normal processing and 10 working days for processing at the beginning of each semester. Any key issued to faculty, staff, or students must be signed in the Key Control Office, located at 945 E Grand/112 Central Stores and Maintenance, Monday–Friday between 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. When a person leaves Missouri State University, keys must be turned in to the Key Control Office before clearance forms will be signed.
To learn more about the Key Policy, please the link to download the Key Control brochure.
Important things to remember:
- Work with the admin in your hiring department to make arrangements for your key.
- The individual requester must pick up and sign for keys issued in their name.
- Missouri State University photo identification BearPass Card is required to pick up keys.
- Key Control Office hours are 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. weekdays only.
- When you receive an email indicating that your keys are ready, and find the open hours to be a problem, please feel free to contact Vickie Younger, 417-836-8931.Resident Hall keys are issued through the Residence Life Office.
(You need Adobe Reader to view and print the document on this page.)