Plant and soil sciences with an emphasis in plant physiology and nutrition
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Cotton Inc. Postdoctoral Fellowship grant—Cotton seedling vigor and carbohydrate dynamics
- Hamilton et al, Journal of Plant Nutrition, 2012, 35:4, 497-540
- Blevins et al, Forage and Grazinglands, 2011, doi:10.1094/FG-2011-0221-02-RS.
- Stacey et al. Plant Physiology, 2008, 146: 589-604
- Research presentations at the American Society of Agronomy-Crop Science Society of America-Soil Science Society of America National meetings
- Outreach presentations to state- and region-wide organizations for middle and high school science teachers to promote the use of plant science in classrooms (collaboration with Deanna Lankford, University of Missouri)
- Teaching Assistant Professor—University of Missouri Division of Plant Sciences
- Postdoctoral Fellow for Cotton Inc.
- PhD in Plant, Insect, and Microbial Sciences from University of Missouri
- M.S. in Plant Science from Missouri State University
- B.S. in Horticulture from Missouri State University
East Moline, IL
- Learning to cook international cuisine
- Bike riding
Future Goals and Aspirations
- Engage and inspire students in their coursework and career development.
- Develop a mineral nutrition research program that supports endeavors of the MSU School of Agriculture, such as grass-based beef production systems.
Life Outside the University
Attempting to keep up with my dog, friends, and family.