- Nonprofit organizations
- Public sociology
- Quantitative research methods
- Social Networks
- Social Movements
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Adler, Gary J., Catherine Hoegeman, and A. Joseph West. “Congregational Political Activity and Same-sex Marriage: Social Movement Theory and Evidence for Contextual Influence.” The Sociological Quarterly, forthcoming.
- Anderson, Shawna L., Jessica Hamar, Catherine Hoegeman, Gary J. Adler, and Mark Chaves. 2008. “Dearly Departed: An Examination of Congregation Closures Since 1998.” Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion 47(2):321-328.
- Worked in various nonprofit organizations
- Assistant Professor—Mount St. Mary’s College
Los Angeles, CA
Community Band (Clarinet)
Future Goals and Aspirations
Develop research agendas related to: 1) religious leadership; and 2) public sociology, focusing on nonprofit organizations.
Life Outside the University
I am a Sister of St. Joseph of Carondelet (“Catholic Nun”)
Return to Meet New Faculty home page