I am teaching or will teach Cell biology of Cancer, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology in MSU. My research interest is to study the mechanism of cytokinesis, particularly how cytoskeleton coordinates to achieve the dramatic shape change during cell division.
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Zhou Q., Robinson DN., et al: 14-3-3 Coordinates Microtubules, Rac, and Myosin II to Control Cell Mechanics and Cytokinesis. Current Bio. 2010.
- Zhou Q., Lam Y., Han D., and Cadenas E: Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase and decline of mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase activity during brain aging. FEBS lett. 2009 1132-40.
- GalliS., ArciuchV., Poderoso C., Converso D., Zhou Q., et al: Tumor cell phenotype is ustained by selective MAPK oxidation in mitochondria. PLoS ONE. 2008.
- Zhou Q., Lam PY., Han D., and Cadenas E: c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) regulates mitochondrial bioenergetics by modulatng pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) activity in primary cortical neurons, J Neurochem. 2008 325-35.
- Hamilton RT., Asatryan L., Zhou Q., Cadenas E. and Hsiai T:Modified LDL activates JNK-2 phosphorylation and colocalization with mitochondria. The FASEB Journal. 2007;21:743.14).
- American Heart Association research fellowship award, 2008-2010
- DSM Young Investigator Award, Oxygen Club of California’s 2004 World Congress
- AAAS program for Excellence in Science Award, PIBBS, USC, 2004
- Summer Research Fellowship, University of Southern California, 2003 People’s Scholarship of Fudan University, Fudan University, 1998-2002
- Postdoc training at Johns Hopkins University studying cell biology from 2006-2009
- Postdoc training at Harvard Medical School Dana Farber Cancer Institute studying cancer biology from 2009–2011
- Lab supervisor at Harvard Stem Cell Institute 2011-2012
Ningbo, Zhejiang province, China
Future Goals and Aspirations
Be an excellent teacher in the classroom, a helpful advisor to students and establish an active research lab providing healthy and interesting research topics and environment for students.
Return to Meet New Faculty home page