Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Publishing in peer-reviewed journals, such as The Journal of Bisexuality, Sexuality and Culture, McGill's International Journal of Education, Secondary Education Journal.
- Presenting peer-reviewed research at national and international conferences, such as: American Sociological Association (ASA), Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP), American Educational Research Association (AERA), University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA). National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE), Hawaii International Conference on Education.
- Graduate Student Instructor at University of Kentucky
- Adjunct Instructor--Transylvania University
- Secondary English teacher in K-12
- Reading GREAT films (of which there are few)
- Spending time with my family
- Hanging out with my daughter, with whom I am freakishly close
- Inspire students to engage critically with the world
- Work to impact social inequalities in schools, gender, and sexuality
- Get a TT position
- Publish in top journals in my field/disseminate my research widely
- Collect magnets from all 50 states (over halfway there)
- Travel internationally
Life Outside the University
I'm married, the mother of three children (22, 17, & 14), and dog mom to Harvey, the rescue-turned-service-dog. We're excited about our new hometown and getting to know Springfield.
Return to Meet New Faculty home page