- Courts (Specialized Courts, Judicial Process)
- Military sociology
- Drug policy and use/misuse
- Program and policy evaluation
- Law and society gangs
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- National expert on veterans treatment courts (VTCs): Research used in passing Arkansas legislation for in-state tuition for military; VTC expert for Arkansas Veterans Coalition; Subject matter expert on VTCs & Veterans’ Crime/Delinquency at the Justice Involved Veterans Stakeholder Summit. Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX.
- 2 books under contract
- 5 peer-reviewed publications plus one currently under review
- 3 federal grant applications under review
- Created and conducted the first national survey of VTCs
- Invited presentation to Drug Court committee of AR Judicial Council. Little Rock, AR.
- Numerous conference presentations
- Lead researcher & local project manager: BJA Byrne Criminal Justice Innovation Program Grant ($100,000)
- 2015 Grant Activity: 4 federal grant applications currently under review Peer-Reviewed Publications: 3 in 2015; 6 in 2014 2015 Association Conference Presentations: 7 national; 3 regional
- Doctoral faculty status at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock 2013-2015
- Assistant Professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock SPRING 2013
- Ph.D. in Criminology, Law & Society from the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) 2008-2009
- Court Analyst for the State of New York 2nd Judicial Department Appellate Division, Brooklyn, NY 2007-2008
- Paralegal & Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Administrator for the Kings County Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office Appeals Bureau, Brooklyn NY
- Ollie (our dog)
- Tailgating, Gator Football (Go Gators!), and Green Bay Packers (Go, Pack, Go!)
Future Goals and Aspirations
- Continuing to build strong researcher-practitioner partnerships.
- Obtain federal funding for research on VTCs
- Have my doctoral mentees obtain quality jobs this year!
- Extensively travel Europe, Asia, and the U.S.
Life Outside the University
My fiancé (John) and our dog (Ollie)
Return to Meet New Faculty home page