- Music literacy in children music instruction for students who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Current trends in public education
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Clinician, South Central Missouri Music Educators Association Elementary Honor Choir 2014
- Clinician, Kodaly of the Ozarks Elementary Honor Choir 2015
- Presenter, Missouri Choral Directors Association Summer Convention 2016
- Springfield Public Schools, 1986–2016
- Elementary Vocal Music Teacher Missouri State University, 2011–Spring 2016
- Per course instructor, Music education methods
Springfield, MO since 1981. I moved frequently as a child, so I consider Springfield my hometown.
Future Goals and Aspirations
To develop a Kodaly Method based music class for preschool age children
Life Outside the University
I live with my husband Jerry, who is the choral director at Willard High School. We have twin sons, a daughter, two daughters-in-law, and a soon-to-be son-in-law, all of whom are Missouri State Bears! We enjoy family gatherings, trips to explore new places, and listening to local bands.