- Middle English literature
- Medieval Latin literature
- Gender studies
- Media studies
- Historical sociolinguistics
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- "Dictators of Venus: Clerical Love Letters and Female Subjection in Troilus and Criseyde and the Rota veneris," in Studies in the Age of Chaucer: The Yearbook of the New Chaucer Society 36 (2014), 103–138.
- “The Rhetoric of Logic in John Gower’s Confessio Amantis VII,” in Medievalia et Humanistica 38 (2012): 37–57..
- “Prerogative and Poetic Prowess: a Reading of the Companho Lyrics of Guilhem de Peitieus,” in TENSO: Bulletin of the Societé Guillaume IX 27 (2012): 25–46.
- Bishop's University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Visiting Assistant Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Literature, 2013-2016
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, Visiting Assistant Professor (summer term)
- Medieval Institute, Summer Program in Medieval Latin, 2015
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, SSHRC Postdoctoral Visiting Fellow, Leslie Center for the Humanities, 2011–2013
- Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, Visiting Assistant Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Literature 2010-2011
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2008
Born near Washington D.C.; grew up in a colony of New Yorkers in South Florida
- Attempting to get old computers to run
- Making salsa
Future Goals and Aspirations
- To complete and publish my monograph in progress on letter-writing and masculinity in the Middle Ages
- To carry on the tradition of excellence in teaching medieval and renaissance literature at MSU
- To foster the study of literature and humanistic disciplines at MSU
- To develop and sustain a digital humanities project for scholars of medieval Latin.
Life Outside the University
I look forward to exploring the music, culture, and landscape of the Ozarks with my son and to cycling many miles on the flat roads of the Springfield plateau.
Return to Meet New Faculty home page