I enjoy teaching psychology classes relating to development and personality. I also enjoy my research in the areas of Conscientious Psychology, Social Dominance, Leadership, Psychobiology of the Stress Response, Sex Differences, Stress and Health, Social Hierarchies, and Personality.
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Massey-Abernathy, A. R., Byrd-Craven, J., Swearingen, C. L., (2015). The Biological Diary of a Woman: Physiological Consequences of Status and Social Rejection. Evolutionary Psychological Science.
- Massey, A .R, Byrd-Craven, J., Auer, B. J., Swearingen, C. L. (2014). Climbing the Social Ladder: Physiological Response to Social Status in Adolescents. Adaptive Human Behavior and Physiology.
- Massey, A. R., Byrd-Craven, J., & Swearingen, C. L. (2014). Preschool Power Play: Resource Control Strategies Associated with Health. Child Development Research, 2014.
- Byrd-Craven, J. & Massey, A. R. (2013). Lean on me: The effects of social support on low-socioeconomic status pregnant women. Nursing and Health Sciences, 15, 374-378.
- Byrd-Craven, J., Auer, B.J., Granger, D.A., & Massey, A.M. (2012). The Father-Daughter Dance: The influence of father-daughter relationship quality on daughters’ stress response to peer dynamics. Journal of Family Psychology, 26, 87-94.
Online teaching certification in 2014 Teaching as a graduate assistant for 5 years Graduated from Oklahoma State University with my Ph.D in May 2015
Future Goals and Aspirations
Life Outside the University
I am married with two wonderful boys!
Return to Meet New Faculty home page