- Middle English literature
- Medieval Latin literature
- Gender studies
- Media studies
- Historical sociolinguistics
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- "Dictators of Venus: Clerical Love Letters and Female Subjection in Troilus and Criseyde and the Rota veneris," in Studies in the Age of Chaucer: The Yearbook of the New Chaucer Society 36 (2014), 103–138.
- “The Rhetoric of Logic in John Gower’s Confessio Amantis VII,” in Medievalia et Humanistica 38 (2012): 37–57..
- “Prerogative and Poetic Prowess: a Reading of the Companho Lyrics of Guilhem de Peitieus,” in TENSO: Bulletin of the Societé Guillaume IX 27 (2012): 25–46.
- Bishop's University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Visiting Assistant Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Literature, 2013-2016
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, Visiting Assistant Professor (summer term)
- Medieval Institute, Summer Program in Medieval Latin, 2015
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, SSHRC Postdoctoral Visiting Fellow, Leslie Center for the Humanities, 2011–2013
- Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, Visiting Assistant Professor of Medieval and Renaissance Literature 2010-2011
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2008
Born near Washington D.C.; grew up in a colony of New Yorkers in South Florida
- Attempting to get old computers to run
- Making salsa
Future Goals and Aspirations
- To complete and publish my monograph in progress on letter-writing and masculinity in the Middle Ages
- To carry on the tradition of excellence in teaching medieval and renaissance literature at MSU
- To foster the study of literature and humanistic disciplines at MSU
- To develop and sustain a digital humanities project for scholars of medieval Latin.
Life Outside the University
I look forward to exploring the music, culture, and landscape of the Ozarks with my son and to cycling many miles on the flat roads of the Springfield plateau.