- Fostering fearlessness in performance.
- The value of risk and failure in the rehearsal process.
- The mental, emotional and spiritual wellness of professional and aspiring professional artists.
- The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War.
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Leading roles in 5 Broadway Shows: Donna in "Mamma Mia!," Elphaba in "Wicked," Cleo in Twyla Tharp's "The Times, They Are A-Changin'," Marion Halcolmbe in Andrew Lloyd Weber's "The Woman in White," and Amneris in Elton John's "Aida."
- Lead vocalist with the Moscow Jazz Orchestra, December 2015 in Moscow, Russia.
- Original cast recording of "Ordinary Days" (Roundabout Theatre Company, NYC 2009) by Adam Gwon.
- Role of Titania Racon in the world premiere of Ken Ludwig's "A Comedy of Tenors" at the Cleveland Playhouse and the McCarter Theatre, directed by Stephen Wadsworth.
- Leading vocalist in The Mamas and the Papas with original members John Phillips and Denny Doherty (1993–1998).
Biking, hiking, walking nature trails. Seeing all kinds of theater. Time with any and all canines.
Future Goals and Aspirations
- To live a life of purpose with a calm mind and a healthy body.
- To be of service to others.
- To do roles in Shakespeare, Chekhov, Ibsen, and Annie Baker.
- To be a lifelong learner.
- To study and work abroad.
- To make a positive difference in the lives of young artists.
Life Outside of the University
Married to composer/lyricist Craig Carnelia, and mom to 7 year old yorkie-poo, Louie.
Return to Meet New Faculty home page