- English education
- Disciplinary writing studies
- Professional development
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- McBee Orzulak, M., Lillge, D., Engel, S., & Haviland, V. (2014) “Contemplating trust in times of uncertainty: Uniting practice and interactional awareness to address ethical dilemmas in English teacher education.” English Education 47 (1), 80-102.
- Lillge, D. (2012). “Illuminating possibilities: Secondary writing across the curriculum as a resource for navigating Common Core State Standards.” Across the Disciplines [Special issue on Writing Across the Secondary School Curriculum] 9(3). Retrieved from http://wac.colostate.edu/atd/second_educ/lillge.cfm.
- Wessling, S. B., Lillge, D., & VanKooten, C. (2011). Supporting students in a time of core standards: English language arts, grades 9-12. Urbana: National Council of Teachers of English.
- Supporting the teaching and professional needs of over 150 graduate student composition instructors and lecturers
- Teaching consultant and faculty developer for colleges, secondary and middle schools
- Literacy coach
- High school teacher
Wherever I currently live (I grew up a military "brat," moving every three years or so. And, I have moved quite a bit since then, too.)
- People watching
- DIY projects
- Finding a good bargain
- Biking, walking, kayaking, and more generally spending time outside
Future Goals and Aspirations
- To positively contribute to the MSU community as well as the local schools where our English education students and colleagues work to enact equitable teaching practices that benefit diverse students
- To contribute to conversations about how instructors learn to teach writing in their disciplinary classrooms
- To rediscover the joys of sleeping through the night
Life Outside the University
With two children under two years, my time is largely devoted to reading children's board books, listening to high-pitched children's songs, visiting parks and playgrounds, changing diapers, giving baths, and lingering in their blissful laughter.
Return to Meet New Faculty home page