Use renaissance techniques to craft a look at contemporary social issues
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Shown in South Korea at the Sungshin Museum of Art and the SungKungKwan Gallery in Seoul
- Lectured and shown in the Midwest and the South at such venues as Carnegie Mellon, Purdue, and Texas universities (A & M, North Texas, Texas Women's University) and museums, the Cultural Center in Philadelphia and the Arkansas Art Center
- 2007–10 Head, Department of Art, Utah State University
- 2008–10 Chair, Caine School of the Arts
- 2008–10 Board, Nora Envies Harrison Museum of Art
- 2005–07 Associate Director, Ohio University School of Art
- 2002–05 Professor and Graduate Program Director, Ohio University
- 2000–02 Seigfred Gallery Director, OIL and former Gallery 102 Director
Future Goals and Aspirations
I hope to see the successful development of Brick City (moving the Art + Design Dept. there this year); to help develop a graduate program; and to finish paintings currently in progress.
Life Outside the University
(Is there any?) Studio Red Point, an organization of artists whose work deals with social and political themes has great potential. As the director, I intend to mount the first exhibition at Missouri State, before these works travel across the U. S. to be shown in museums and galleries.