The University holds auctions periodically for the disposal of surplus equipment and supplies. Auctions are open to the public including University students, faculty and staff.
A Surplus Property Public Disposal Auction wil be held on April 30, 2014
The auctions consist of items deemed no longer serviceable to the University and Ozarks Technical Community College.
- This is a public auction, open to the public including university students, facility and staff.
- Items too numerous to list, no sale bill available
- Items are sold "as is" with no warranty or representation as to their functionality. NO guarantee of any kind. All sales are final.
- Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. (Driver's License required)
- Bidding begins at 9:00 a.m. (No telephone bidding, bidder must be present to bid and purchase)
- TERMS; cash or check only, checks will require photo ID. NO credit Cards accepted.
- Sales tax will be collected. All bidders will be charged Missouri State Sales at the rate of 7.6% unless proper tax exemption documentation is provided prior to cashing out.
- Items MUST be paid for on day of auction. Bidders will pay cashier within 30 minutes from end of bidding, no exceptions.
- Items to be bid may be PREVIEWED Monday April 28 and Tuesday April 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and the morning of the auction not before 7:30 a.m.
- All items MUST BE REMOVED from property by 4:00 p.m. day of auction. With prior arrangements, items can be stored on property and retrieved on Thursday May 1 between 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
--The university is NOT RESPONSIBLE for theft or items left on day of auction or any items left for Thursday pickup. Items not removed are free to the public, on a first come basis, Friday May 2 at 12:00 p.m.
- Auctions are held at the surplus property warehouse, located at 641 W. Wall Street, Springfield. The warehouse can be reached from the south - going north on Campbell at Grand Street, then left on Mill Street, right on Main Street, followed by a sharp left onto Wall Street. From the north - going south on Main Street at Chestnut Expressway, then right onto Wall (third street on right from Chestnut Expressway). Street View, Warehouse View
- Sherman Auction Service
- Statements made day of sale take precedence over printed material.
For more information contact:
Ken Steele, Property Control Specialist @ 417-836-7633 or mobile @ 417-840-2172
Mike Egan, Property Control Manager @ 417-425-2378
If you would like to be receive an auction notification for upcoming auctions, submit you name and mailing address or e-mail address to email@example.com
Faculty and Staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Individuals may transport items back to campus on their own or larger items can be transported by Property Control staff. University personnel will be required to complete a surplus equipment return form.
Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or CNAS Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50) though budget transfer to Property Control.
Ken Steele, Property Control Specialist @ 417-836-7633 or mobile 417-840-2172
If you like to receive an auction notification by mail, send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org