The University holds auctions periodically for the disposal of surplus equipment and supplies. Auctions are open to the public including University students, faculty and staff.
The next Surplus Property Public Disposal Auction will be held Wednesday October 5, 2016.
- The auctions consist of items deemed no longer serviceable to the University and Ozarks Technical Community College.
- This is a public auction, open to the public including university students, facility and staff.
- Items too numerous to list, no sale bill available.
- Items are sold "as is" with no warranty or representation as to their functionality. NO guarantee of any kind. All sales are final.
- Registration opens at 8:00 a.m. (Driver's License required)
- Bidding begins at 9:00 a.m. (no telephone bidding, bidder must be present to bid and purchase)
- TERMS; cash or check only, checks will require photo ID. NO credit Cards accepted.
- Sales tax will be collected. All bidders will be charged Missouri State Sales at the rate of 7.6% unless proper tax exemption documentation is provided prior to cashing out.
- Items MUST be paid for on day of auction. Bidders will pay cashier within 30 minutes from end of bidding, no exceptions.
- Items to be bid may be PREVIEWED Monday and Tuesday prior to the auction from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and the morning of the auction not before 7:30 a.m.
- Items MUST BE REMOVED from property by 4:00 p.m. day of auction.
- The University is NOT RESPONSIBLE for theft or items left on day of auction or any items left for Thursday pickup.
- Auctions are held at the surplus property warehouse, located at 641 W. Wall Street, Springfield. The warehouse can be reached from the south - going north on Campbell at Grand Street, then left on Mill Street, right on Main Street, followed by a sharp left onto Wall Street. From the north - going south on Main Street at Chestnut Expressway, then right onto Wall (third street on right from Chestnut Expressway). Street View Photo, Warehouse View Photo
- Sherman Auction Service
- Statements made day of sale take precedence over printed material.
Surplus equipment procedures
Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or CNAS Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50) though budget transfer to Property Control.
Contact: Property Control.
If you like to receive an auction notification by mail, send your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org