University employees interested in obtaining a procurement card must work with their respective Department Procurement Card Coordinator and their Budgetary Authority in order to get a Procurement Card.
The following steps are involved in obtaining a Procurement Card:
- Departments will need to send over a completed and signed Procurement Card Account Action Request Form to the Procurement Card.
- Departments will need to send over a completed and signed Procurement Card Cardholder Agreement Form to the Procurement Card.
- For Grant Procurement Cards, a completed and signed Procurement Card Grant Approval Form needs to be completed and submitted to the Procurement Card Coordinator.
- Cardholders will then be invited to attend a mandatory training session. Cardholders are required to attend this training session only once, unless they are requested to do so by the Procurement Card Coordinator. If a cardholder moves to a different department on campus, they will not be required to attend this training session again.
- All new Procurement Cards are sent to the Office of Procurement Services. If the training has been completed and all the documentation received, cardholders will be notified as to when they can come by and pick up their Procurement Cards. Cardholders are required to bring some form of identification when they come by to pick up their Procurement Cards (e.g. Driver’s license or Missouri State University ID).
Note: Unless otherwise approved, Procurement Cards will be issued to only full-time employees. Exceptions for non-full time employees to have Procurement Cards will need to be approved by the Director of Procurement Services.