Each transaction charged to the Procurement Card must be supported by an acceptable form of supporting documentation.
Supporting documentation includes any of the following:
- Original detailed receipt from the vendor
- Copies or facsimiles of the original receipt
- Priced packing lists
- Printout of email order confirmation for online orders placed
They must include all of the following information:
- Vendor name and other relevant vendor information (address, phone, etc.)
- Transaction date
- Transaction total
- Itemized description of items purchased
For phone orders, ask the vendor to include a sales receipt in the package.
For Internet orders, print the online order confirmation or print a copy of the confirmation email received from the vendor.
Print out of the reservation confirmation and a paid receipt showing only room and tax charges needs to be obtained.
A detailed invoice or reservation confirmation showing a list of all passengers on the trip will need to be attached to any other additional documentation.
Travel outside of the United States must be approved prior to traveling according to the criteria below:
- Travel associated with academic units must submit foreign travel approval signed by their department head, dean, and the Provost, unless the travel is associated with the China Branch campus.
- Travel associated with the China Branch campus must submit foreign travel approval signed by the Vice President for Research and Economic Development.
- Travel associated with other administrative duties must submit foreign travel approval signed by the President.
A copy of the approval must be kept on file along with the other backup documentation. A detailed invoice or reservation confirmation showing a list of all passengers on the trip will need to be kept on file. Also, a paid receipt from the vendor showing the amount charged to the card needs to be obtained as well.
A detailed invoice or reservation confirmation and a paid receipt from the vendor showing the amount charged to the card needs to be obtained.
- All food transactions must have a detailed itemized receipt showing all of the items that were purchased. A credit card charge slip showing a total amount for the transaction does not suffice as back up for food purchases.
- Smaller receipts must be taped (not stapled) to a sheet of paper to prevent loss. Multiple, smaller receipts can be affixed to a single sheet of paper. When taping receipts to paper kindly make sure not to mask any of the relevant information on the documentation.
- For transactions involving job posting advertisements, a copy of the job posting advertisement should be kept along with the Procurement Card documentation.
If documentation has been lost or misplaced, contact the vendor for a duplicate copy. If a duplicate copy is impossible to obtain, complete a Purchasing Card Missing Receipt Form and forward to the Department Reconciler. Repeated use of the Missing Receipt Form will subject the cardholder to loss of privileges.