Mail Arrival and Delivery
- Postal Services picks up incoming mail from the USPS daily between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. The mail is then sorted, bundled, and delivered, along with Campus Mail, to the designated mail drop in campus buildings between 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. U.S. and Campus Mail is picked up at this time and delivered to the mail room for sortation and processing.
- Certified, Registered, Insured, and Express Mail is logged-in by date, article number, addressee, and delivered by Postal Services to the designated mail drop in the appropriate building.
- USPS overnight courier service occurs throughout the day up to 5:00 p.m. These items are delivered with the next scheduled delivery to the designated mail drop in the appropriate building. Departments are notified by telephone for items received after delivery. All other courier services deliver to Central Receiving.
- Business Reply and Postage Due Mail is first logged by Postal Services before delivery to the designated department.
- University departments are responsible for forwarding the mail of faculty and staff who have departed the University leaving a forwarding address. First Class Mail must be forwarded for 12 months and Periodicals must be forwarded for 60 days. To forward mail, simply write the forwarding address or "Return to Sender" and the reason for non-delivery on the envelope and return it to Postal Services. No additional postage is required for unopened packages. Mark through the barcode and the original address, so it will not be returned to Missouri State.
- Mail delivered to an addressee that cannot be identified by Postal Services will be returned to the sender.