Bookstore Discount Policy
- Student employees at the Missouri State Bookstore will be eligible for a 35% discount on clothes and logoed items. They will also be eligible for a 25% discount on used books and a 20% discount on new books. They will be eligible for a 10% discount, like faculty and staff, on other items.
- Full and part time employees of the Missouri State Bookstore will be eligible to purchase clothing and logoed items at a 35% discount. All other items will be available at a 10% discount.
- Missouri State students who are SOAR leaders will be eligible for a 20% discount on textbooks on those periods when they are employed as SOAR leaders.
- Graduate assistants will be eligible for a 10% discount on all items for which Missouri State employees may receive a 10% discount.
- The Department of Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services will continue to purchase textbooks for resident assistants as a condition of employment and they will be given a 10% discount on purchases for this purpose.
- With the exception of selected closeouts that have little market value, no discount will be given which exceeds the profit margin on any item.
Reason or purpose for policy
This policy is intended to encourage bookstore employees to wear BearWear, and others to use the University Bookstore.
Entities affected by this policy
This policy applies to all students, Bookstore employees, Director of Bookstore, faculty, and staff.
Line of authority
Responsible administrator and office: Vice President of Student Affairs
October 1, 2012