The deadline for the Application for Graduation is the first week of the semester in which the student plans to graduate. A student is advised, however, to apply in advance of the semester that they intend to graduate.
- Applications for graduation are available online at http://graduate.missouristate.edu (under "Forms") or in the Graduate College office. This form must be submitted to the Graduate College during the first week of the semester in which the student plans to graduate.
- Students should work closely with the advisor to ensure that all of the degree requirements are met.
- Student’s not enrolled in classes during the semester they plan to graduate will be automatically enrolled in GEN 600. Students do not receive any course credit for GEN 600 and no enrollment fee is charged.
- Students who have completed all course work and are only working on their research component may sign up for GEN 798 (Active in Research). This zero credit course offered at a reduced fee ($75) allows the following:
- access to the library, including online services such as interlibrary loans, MOBIUS, and restricted access databases;
- opportunity to purchase a parking permit; and
- access to computer services and campus email.
GEN 798 is graded as "P" (pass) or "N" (if the student discontinues participation and is dropped from the course). A special permission form is required which includes approval by the student's advisor, department head, and the Graduate College.
Line of authority
Responsible administrator and office: Office of the Provost
Contact person in that office: Associate Dean of Graduate College