The University has determined that many low-dollar, high-volume transactions can best be procured through the University Procurement Card program. The Procurement Card can be used for commodity purchases in-store, or via mail, telephone, facsimile or Internet. This program is designed to improve efficiency and convenience for our customers, reduce the number of purchase orders and checks issued, minimize invoice payment processing time and improve the purchasing procedures for low-dollar transactions by empowering the departments to research and select smaller dollar, non-bid purchases.
Procurement services P-Card Administration routinely conducts reviews of documentation and P-Card activity, and formally reports to the Department Head the result of the review. In addition to inappropriate receipts or approvals, the following items will be determined as exceptions upon review:
Most likely, yes. The Procurement Services Department performs P-Card Reviews on an ongoing basis. In addition, the Internal Audit Department conducts periodic audits of the Procurement Card Program.
Yes. If the cardholder is determined to be consistently violating the P-Card policy, the cardholder and his supervisor will receive a warning. A second violation will result in suspension of the card, and if problems continue the card may be cancelled.
Requisitions issued to the Office of Procurement Services shall be utilized for purchases of $3,000 and above, or for amounts under $3,000 in those instances where the Procurement Card may not be used, or when a payment request is not utilized.
Direct pay invoices may be used for after-the-fact payment processing for purchases for approved categories in the amount of $3,000 or less. A payment request form must be issued, and the invoice must be submitted to Accounts Payable.
Invoices for the payment of services or products previously performed or received may be submitted via a Payment Request Form to Accounts Payable. A check will be issued for items up to $3,000. Items over $3,000 will be directed to the Office of Procurement Services for approval, and a check will be issued by Accounts Payable if approval is granted.
- Advertising for telephone yellow pages
- Payments to officials for any dollar amount. Some without independent contractor form before game, form provided after-the-fact.
- Training services and medical payments for athlete
- Awards, with no supporting documentation, such as homecoming event prize winners, essay contest winners, science fair winners
- Bookstore special orders, UPS charges, and freight charges of any dollar amount
- Voucher payments of any dollar amount
- BearPass Card payments of any dollar amount
- Capital projects encumbered through Financial Services of any dollar amount
- Collection filing requests for collection litigation from Financial Services
- Credits/Overpayments from Accounts Receivable
- Food meal plans and BearPass Card meals to Missouri State Dining Services for any dollar amount
- Fuel bill for monthly vehicle expense for any dollar amount
- Foundation payments
- Grant awards
- Independent contractor invoices, services completed
- Invoices of any dollar amount
- Refunds of fines, lost book payments, or refunds
- Office supply charges from the contracted office supply vendor such as Corporate Express, campus-wide from the Office of Procurement Services, of any dollar amount
- Performance contracts and expenses for the JKH Performing Arts Center and JQH Arena, non-requisition accounts of any dollar amount
- Pharmacy retail invoices of any dollar amount
- Postal service:
- Mailing bills of any dollar amount
- Replenishment of postage machines of any dollar amount
- Purchases of products and services over $3,000 not involving the Office of Procurement Services
- Cancelled events from departments
- Financial Aid Scholarships and Perkins loans
- Housing deposits, or housing cancellations
- Other, such as grant refunds
- Rent payments from the rental of facilities budget regardless of dollar amount
- Reimbursement requests from individuals for items purchased outside of the university travel expense policy, petty cash policy, or procurement policy, of any dollar amount
- Telephone bills
- Transcript fee requests to universities from the Office of the Registrar
- Travel advances, team or student group
- Utility Bills
These are selected invoices for the payment of services or products previously performed or received and submitted without a Payment Request form to Accounts Payable. A check may be issued for amounts of any dollar amount.
- Bookstore inventory invoices approved by the Bookstore
- Catering Services, Missouri State Dining Services
- Garnishments of payroll
- Loan requests for Plus Loans for checks to parents, generated from a computer printout
- Reimbursements for CPS testing
- Suspension refunds
- Utility bills, city bills, or others approved by Energy Management
- Visa payments, monthly
- Withdrawals from class
- BearPass Card withdrawal requests
Yes. Per policy, the Department Head, as the budget authority, is responsible for personally approving the P-Card billing statement. In order to review every transaction, you may designate someone to help you trace the purchases to the receipts.
If the purchase may not be processed by P-Card, and the amount is under $3K.
Audits can occur at any time. However, to be prepared for an audit, have original receipts for all transactions well organized, approve timely and thoroughly the transactions for your department, and only use the P-Card for allowable purchases per the P-Card policy.
Complete the “Missing Receipt” form
Unless it is an emergency, it should not be approved by Procurement Services. You would then be required to process the purchase through normal Requisition processing.
This is subject to approval by Procurement Services, and must be supported by sound business justification.
Notify Procurement Services immediately.
Yes. Specific Deadlines apply to the year end for 2010, for example, which is Wednesday June 30, 2010. Please be aware of these requirements and deadlines to have a purchase processed and be captured within this fiscal year.
Do not hesitate to contact Procurement Services:
Isaac Balasundaram, P-Card Coordinator
Phone: 417.836.4670 Email: IsaacBalasundaram@missouristate.edu