Explore health care in another country
The department sponsors a short-term study away trip to Ecuador during the summer semester and will allow you to earn credit for an elective course. While in Ecuador, you will improve on your Spanish, learn about the health care systems, and discuss major health problems and factors affecting the health of the population. All pre-nursing, nursing and graduate nursing students are able to participate. A meeting about the trip is usually held at the end of the fall semester and detailed information on expenses and dates will be shared with those interested.
In order to receive credit you must be enrolled in one of the following courses and you can only receive credit for one course:
- NUR 503 Transcultural Health Care
- NUR 633 Transcultural Health Care
- Submission of a formal research paper evaluating health care in different South American countries
Trip to Ecuador
The following are application requirements for the study away trip to Ecuador:
- You must be a student in good standing with the University
- Complete a MSU study away application and return it to the study away office
- Attach a $100 check deposit to your study away application. The rest of the trip expense will be billed to your Missouri State account
The study away trip to Ecuador may fill up quickly. You are advised to submit your application and $100 deposit as soon as possible.