Explore health care in another country
The school sponsors a short-term study away trip to Ecuador during the summer semester that allows students to earn credit for an elective course. While in Ecuador, students improve their Spanish, learn about the health care systems, and discuss major health problems and factors affecting the health of the population. All pre-nursing, nursing, and graduate nursing students are able to participate. A meeting about the trip is usually held at the end of the fall semester and detailed information on expenses and dates will be shared with those interested.
To receive credit, students must be enrolled in one of the following courses and can receive credit for only one course:
- NUR 503 Transcultural Health Care
- NUR 633 Transcultural Health Care
- Submission of a formal research paper evaluating health care in different South American countries
Trip to Ecuador
The following are application requirements for the study away trip to Ecuador:
- The student must be in good standing with the University
- Complete a MSU study away application and return it to the study away office
- Attach a $100 check deposit to the study away application. The rest of the trip expense will be billed to the student's Missouri State account
The study away trip to Ecuador may fill up quickly. Students are advised to submit an application and $100 deposit as soon as possible.