To register, please complete the registration field boxes below. Registration will not be considered complete until a form of payment has been received at the Missouri State University Department of Nursing by October 24 (for the November 7 workshop) or October 31 (for the November 14 workshop).
Cost for the one day workshop is $15.00 which includes a parking pass, lunch ticket and t-shirt to be worn the day of the event. Please mail payments to:
Missouri State University Department of Nursing
Attn: Kami Gollhofer
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, Missouri 65897
Confirmation packets will be emailed to the email address provided with registration, prior to the date selected for attendance. If you have any questions please call our office at: 417-836-5310.
Parent participation is welcome in the afternoon sessions. Please see the Nurse for a Day flyer above, for additional information.
I authorize Missouri State University, and those acting under its permission or authority, to use and publish for lawful purpose any video, pictures/photographs of me in which may be included in whole, or in part, or any words I have spoken about the Nurse for a Day Workshop and its workers. I waive my right that I may have to approve the finished product or copy or use to which it may be applied. I release and discharge Missouri State University, and those acting under its permission or authority, from any liability for the use of any picture of me, or of any words I have spoken about the Nurse for a Day program or its workers.
I understand that in case of a medical emergency, every attempt will be made to contact me before medical attention is provided to my child. However, the Nurse for a Day staff may consent on my behalf to emergency treatment advised by medical personnel in conjunction with the Nurse for a Day Workshop in Springfield, Missouri on Friday, November 7 and 14, 2014; and throughout any Missouri State University travel accompanying the same. I understand that should an emergency vehicle be requested to transport my child, it is my responsibility to pay for the vehicle and the treatment at the hospital.
Student Expectation Contract
These are the required expectations of the participants. Anyone not acting in accordance with Missouri State University’s policies will be subject to the governing laws and asked to leave immediately.
- Attend the event with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Arrive at the event on time.
- Attend all assigned sessions for the entirety of the day.
- Refrain from being disruptive during sessions.
- The University has a No Cell Phone Use Policy. Participants will comply with this policy during the workshop. Participants will be allowed to access their cell phones during lunch. Any other use of the cell phones during the event is prohibited and students in violation of this rule will be asked to leave the workshop immediately.
- Stay with your assigned group at all times.
- Never leave the campus for any reason.
- Respect your event staff members and nursing students.
- Inform a staff member of an emergency situation.
- Refrain from any inappropriate behavior which includes but is not limited to:
- Vulgar and offensive language
- Wandering off or leaving campus
In addition to the above requirements, students also must:
- Behave in a professional manner and show respect for other program participants.
- Respect cultural, racial, and religious differences.
- Adhere to the dress code at all times. Due to the nature of the activities, all participants must wear closed-toed tennis shoes, full length jeans or khakis with no visible rips or tears, and a shirt you can wear underneath your Nurse for a Day workshop t-shirt. You are required to wear your Nurse for a Day t-shirt throughout the entire workshop. Please bring a coat or jacket if weather requires, as we will be walking around campus throughout the day.
- Check-ins will be required at every stop or session. Never walk on campus by yourself. Always have someone with you. Group leaders/workshop staff must know your whereabouts at all times.
- Participants are expected to involve themselves fully in ALL activities.
- Missouri State University is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Therefore, it is advisable that participants not bring large sums of money, jewelry, electronic devices or other valuable items to the program.
- Each student and/or parents and guardians will be responsible for full restitution for any damage done to private or public property as a result of use or misuse of such properties.