Continue the connection
We value our alumni! We want to hear about your personal and professional accomplishments because your success is our success. Also, alumni are a great resource for practicum and internship experiences, helping the next generation of our students. Please contact the department office with updates about your personal and professional achievements so we can celebrate with you.
Once a Bear, always a Bear
Stay in touch with your alma mater through the Missouri State Alumni Association. Your involvement may reap a number of benefits, including:
- Maintaining lifelong friendships
- Connecting with alumni in similar fields, positions and locations
- Continuing your favorite traditions
- Being informed. Receiving the most up-to-date information about what’s happening on campus
- Celebrating all things maroon and white – have fun
- Giving back to the University community in a way that fits you – impacting the future of Missouri State
- Sharing your story
- Adding value to your degree – Learning what’s new in your academic field
- Leaving your mark – Defining your legacy
Attend alumni events
Alumni events are held in cities throughout the United States. These events are great opportunities for you to network, establish new relationships and reconnect with old friends in your area. See the upcoming events to find an event in an area near you.
There are electronic surveys for several of the programs offered to help the department evaluate their performance. The nursing department wants your feedback after graduation and encourages graduates to complete the electronic survey for their program. Surveys are also available for employers who hire a graduate of the Missouri State nursing department. Completion of these surveys will help the department continue to improve.
Giving to nursing
Alumni donors can demonstrate their desire to continue improving the quality of education in the department of nursing at Missouri State by giving a private contribution. Your gift – no matter its size – supports student research opportunities, funds scholarships, purchases equipment, improves facilities and provides for faculty development and research.