The 19th Annual Fite Family Young Artists Piano Competition
April 19, 2015
Missouri State University - Springfield, Missouri
A cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the first-place winner, $500 to the second-place winner and $250 to the third-place winner.
The competition is open to pianists between the ages of 14 and 18 as of April 19, 2015.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION
The preliminary round of the Young Artist Competition will be conducted by mail. The semi-final and final rounds will be held on Sunday, April 19, in Ellis Recital Hall on the campus of Missouri State University. Applicants will be informed by mail of their acceptance into the competition and of their performance times in the semi-final round. Contestants should register with the competition coordinator one hour before performance time.
(Florida State University)
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- A first-place winner may not participate in the competition again.
- Decisions of the adjudication panel are final.
- All works performed in the competition must be performed by memory.
- Contestants may be stopped during the performance of any work due to time limitations.
- All applicants who advance to the semi-final round will provide the panel of adjudicators with one published edition (or a copy obtained from a legal internet source) of each piece performed in the competition. No unauthorized reproductions of music will be accepted. Scores submitted to the adjudicators should not contain any identifying marks such as names of teacher or contestant.
- Unauthorized recording of any competition event is not allowed.
- Application materials and information submitted to the Fite Family Young Artist Piano Competition may be used for publicity purposes. Contestant performances will be recorded and may be used by the Fite Family Piano Competition with the performer’s permission. Copies of the recordings will be made available to the contestants.
- Contestants are responsible for their own travel and hotel arrangements.
- Taxes may be withheld for a prize winner who does not provide a Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number.
Each entrant must submit with his or her application a high quality audio recording of two piano pieces in contrasting styles. Individual sonata or suite movements are permitted. Cuts within movements are not permitted. Repeats are left to the discretion of the performer. Approximately ten semi-final contestants will be chosen from the preliminary round.
In the semi-final round contestants will perform two pieces in contrasting styles. Repertoire used in the preliminary round may be duplicated in the semi-final round. Contestants may be stopped during the performance of any work due to time limitations.
Three finalists will be chosen from the semi-final round. The finalists will perform the two pieces from the semi-final round and one additional piece or movement.
All application materials must be received by March 20, 2015.
Include with the application form the following:
- Audition recording clearly labeled with name of applicant and repertoire.
- Proof of age (photocopy of birth certificate, driver's license or passport).
- A photograph suitable for the program booklet. (An electronic version may be sent to the Competition Coordinator.)
- A non-refundable check for $25 made out to: MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION
SEND ALL MATERIALS TO
FITE FAMILY PIANO COMPETITION
MSU Music Department
901 South National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65897