Want a more general Marketing degree? Maybe Marketing Management is for you. Marketing managers implement corporate strategies dealing with product, price, place and promotion in such a way to set their organization and products apart from their competitors while also building long-term customer satisfaction. CNN ranks marketing managers as number 26 among the top 50 “Best Jobs in America,” with an average salary of $76,600, and a projected job growth of 14% over the next ten years. Positions in large organizations might include: brand, project or product managers. Of course, this general Marketing degree offers insights entrepreneurs or other marketers can use, too.
Key skills for a Marketing Management Major
- Create sound marketing plans and strategy
- Exploit and communicate the benefits of core value offerings
- Understand the requirements to build brands and extend product lines
- Work well with people and manage key relationships
- Accurately manage, analyze and apply marketing information
- Interpret and understand practical applications of metrics for measuring marketing performance