Why study French at Missouri State University?
- Our expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills in French.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your professors – many of whom hold PhDs – and can get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- Knowing French can help you land exciting jobs in a variety of fields.
- Our expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can be life changing.
- Studying French will prepare you to pursue graduate studies.
- Missouri State offers you many opportunities for study away, service learning and internships so you can practice speaking French in real-world situations.
A degree focused on language proficiency, global competence, and professional skills
Students who want to student French in depth pursue the Bachelor of Science in Modern Language. They attain advanced proficiency in French and acquire the ability to understand cultural factors that affect how members of Francophone societies express themselves and view the world, to analyze and interpret target-language texts and other cultural products, and to apply those insights and skills in a variety of professional and academic settings.