Why study Chinese at Missouri State University?
- Our well-educated, expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your teachers – many of whom hold PhDs – and get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- China is home to one-fifth of the world’s population, making the Chinese language the most widely spoken first language in the world.
- China’s 5,000 years of history and culture make it one of the oldest civilizations. Studying Chinese opens the way to fields such as Chinese politics, economy, history or archaeology.
- China ranks the second largest economy in the world. Knowing Chinese can give you a cutting edge when competing for an important position.
Missouri State University offers the following courses in Chinese: