About IDEA Commons
Building a dynamic community
What do innovation, design, entrepreneurship and the arts have in common? Each of these elements leads to a dynamic and creative community.
Missouri State University developed a vision of an urban innovation park in Springfield, and IDEA Commons is the product of that vision. It’s a collaborative community effort – bringing together corporations, the University, lofts, non-profits and retail space– a downtown community where people from all walks of life can live, shop, learn, create and work.
IDEA Commons thrives with creative talent and is structured to:
- Develop a sense of place that will be attractive to young talent
- Revitalize the downtown neighborhood with a combination of renovation of current properties as well as new construction
- Expand opportunities for business development and commercializing research
- Develop University partnerships with entrepreneurs
- Attract and retain creative, innovative and entrepreneurial human capital
- Promote economic development through new job opportunities