Welcome to MSU!
Human Resources Employee Development and Performance (EDP) is your connection to learning opportunities throughout the University. The My Learning Connection is your access to online compliance training and other learning opportunities offered by EDP, Health & Wellness and other University units.
Below is orientation information about My Learning Connection and required compliance training for ALL full-time and part-time employees.
My Learning Connection
My Learning Connection is the University's web-based learning management system that serves as a centralized library for personal and professional development activities and compliance training. When you log-in to your My Learning Connection, you can search for classes and register online 24/7. Instructional guides and tutorials are available online or call us at 836-5779 for assistance.
Accessing My Learning Connection requires your BearPass LogIn and Password. If needed, click here to setup your BearPass Account.The following instructions will assist you to register for and complete the compliance trainings required of all employees.
Within the first 30 days of employment, all new employees are required to complete their web-based Institutional Equity & Compliance training. You are required to complete the three sessions listed below. Other trainings are available such as HIPAA and FERPA are optional and/or department specific.
Register for and complete the following three web-based programs through My Learning Connection:
- Preventing Sexual Harassment
- Preventing Employment Discrimination (optional Supervisory Version if applicable)
- In Their Shoes – Disability awareness
Upon completion of each training, employees may print a certificate of completion for their Supervisor.
Please ask your Supervisor if you need to complete the optional HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) and/or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training.
- HIPAA Online Training: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training should be completed by employees who are assigned to a department that has been designated as a Health Care Component. Please refer to the Health Information Privacy website for the list of the University's Health Care Components.
- FERPA Online Training: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training provides specific guidelines for protecting the information in student education records. Supervisors will make the determination whether this information is needed for the employee to conduct their job responsibilities.
Click here to learn more about Equity and Diversity Compliance Training.
Clery Act: Missouri State University’s annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University; and on public property that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and other drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of the Dean of Students, Plaster Student Union 405, 417-836-5527; Human Resources, Carrington Hall 118, 417-836-6616; or Safety and Transportation, 636 E. Elm, 417-836-8870 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/SafetyFolder/safety/annual-security.html.