Employees (Faculty, Staff, and Students) must complete their compliance training through "My Learning Connection". Missouri State University is committed to providing all members of our community a place to study and work free from discrimination and harassment. All new employees are required to complete The Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity online compliance training within the first 30 days of employment, with the other compliance training modules being department specific.
Academic Purposes Only
Faculty can integrate the available training content into their courses on Blackboard, or students can directly access from the below links.
- Faculty can utilize the links for the University's compliance courses (located below) into their academic course(s) Blackboard site for their students to complete and to document that completion. Below are suggested methods for faculty to integrate the compliance courses within their Blackboard course site:
- If you would like to monitor which students have accessed the training video, add the compliance course link as part of an Assignment in your Blackboard class.
- If you would like to use this training as a student resource only, you may include the compliance link as an External Link in your Blackboard class.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the above functions in Blackboard, please contact the Help Desk at 836-5891.
- Faculty can have student's access the training modules from this location (see links below) and print off a certificate of completion for their instructor.
We strongly recommend that students make several copies of their certificate in the event they need to verify their completion for subsequent courses here at Missouri State University or if they misplace it so they have additional copies. If they lose their copies, they will need to go back in and retake the training to retrieve a certificate.
Historically, some faculty have used the University's compliance courses to support specific course requirements for their students. We will continue to make the compliance training content available to faculty for their use in supporting their course curriculum.
Compliance Training - Academic Purposes for MSU Students
Privacy and Security Training
- HIPAA Privacy Training (Student /Guest Version)
- HIPAA Security Training (Student / Guest Version)
- HIPAA Research Training (Student / Guest Version)
- FERPA - the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Student / Guest Version)