TITLE Physician, Coordinator Medical Services
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1625
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Director, Taylor Health and Wellness
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Vice President for Student Affairs
The Physician, Coordinator of Medical Services assists the Director of Taylor Health and Wellness by coordinating the Medical Staff and provides quality health care for the University community in an out-patient, clinic type setting. Functional responsibilities include diagnosis and treatment of patients using the most current medical knowledge and techniques.
Education: M.D. or D.O. Degree is required.
Certification: American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) certification is required. Certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine preferred.
Experience: Must be a currently employed physician at Taylor Health Center. Experience in general practice of medicine is required. Experience in preventive medicine and student health work preferred.
Skills: Administrative and supervisory abilities are required.
License: Must be licensed to practice medicine in Missouri by the Missouri Board of Healing Arts. U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) narcotic registration number is required. Missouri controlled substance registration is required.
1. Establishes and documents performance expectations and work and leave schedules for the Medical Staff to ensure that budget expectations and patient needs are meet.
2. Provides suggestions and recommendations from the Medical Staff as to how other departments of the Health Center can assist them in providing quality health care.
3. Assists the Director in the formulation of goals and objectives of the Health Center.
4. Chairs the medical staff committee of the Health Center, meets with Director on a routine basis, and works with other departmental coordinators to ensure that quality health care is provided to patients.
5. Develops and implements processes for retrospective patient care review, concurrent assessment of clinical practice and credential review, and initiates corrective action when indicated.
6. Performs all other duties and responsibilities of a Physician as stated in the job description for a Physician position at Taylor Health and Wellness. They are as follows:
Provides quality health care for eligible members of the University community with an emphasis on individual wellness.
Assists in providing quality services, which will ensure the continued accreditation of Taylor Health and Wellness by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
Assists other members of the Health Center in providing health care to patients by using the medical team method when appropriate.
Ensures that quality health care is provided at the Health Center by assisting the Director in the selection of staff personnel and by recommending medical equipment and supplies as appropriate.
Keeps current on quality health care by attending professional conferences and meetings on a routine basis.
Prevents institutional liability by maintaining current knowledge of all federal and state laws regarding the providing of health care, and by maintaining current license to practice medicine in Missouri.
7. Promotes the idea of an educated - healthy student body, by assisting in the development and presentation of educational programs directed to students and other members of the University community.
8. Contributes to the success of the Health Center by providing advice to the Health Center Director regarding general policies on health-related issues, and by identifying and developing long-range goals and objectives for the Health Center.
9. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development seminars, and attending training and/courses as required.
10. Contributes to the overall success of the Health Center by performing all other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Physician, Coordinator of Medical Services reports to and receives administrative supervision from the Director of Taylor Health and Wellness Center, however functions with independence within a broad framework of stated objectives and professional practices.